Substance Abuse Evaluations
If you have been charged with an OWI (operating while intoxicated), you have been court-ordered to seek an evaluation. In other situations, you may be required by the Department of Human Services, your physician, school, hospital or employer to undergo a substance abuse evaluation. Regardless of who mandated it, you must seek timely, comprehensive help from a certified professional.
Clear Brook Counseling Professionals has counselors who specialize in treating substance use and are certified by the Iowa Department of Public Health to provide substance use assessments (commonly referred to as OWI or court ordered evaluations).
For just $125, we:
- Provide a 1-hour, one-on-one evaluation that includes:
- An interview that includes the completion of the SASSI Diagnostic tool
- An assessment of how substance abuse has affected your life
- An evaluation about whether or not there are underlying mental health issues influencing your substance abuse
- A final report of recommendations
- Provide you a copy of the summary of screening and recommendations
- Mail the report of recommendations to the Iowa DOT
- Can mail the report upon request to your attorney, probation officer or any other concerned parties at no additional cost
At the conclusion of your evaluation, your counselor will advise you about whether further treatment could benefit you or will be required. We follow the American Society of Addiction Medicine recommendations to guide our assessment on the seriousness of your use. We also will ask that you sign a “Consent to Release Information” form, so we can send a written summary of your screening when requested to speed up the whole process.
To set up an appointment or for more information, contact us today.